The next several blog entries are being turned over to a guest blogger I've nicknamed Terribilis. I hope you enjoy his candid thoughts on werewolves, religion and human nature; and that you don't find it to be terrible. Without further ado, I give you over to Terribilis...
My name is - well I’m not going to tell you my name. You see I have very good reason for wanting to keep my identity from you. Some might say I’m what you’d call a “monster”. Actually I am a lycanthrope; you know, a werewolf. I’m in werewolf form – let’s call it 10% of the time - but the other 90% I’m just a regular dude. Okay, maybe it’s more like 20/80.
Before we get into the nitty gritty I must begin with a gripe. Ever seen all those TV shows, movies and books about “good” werewolves? Werewolves falling in love and suffering from teenage angst? Yeah? Well forget that crap. Lycanthropy makes you do bad things - evil things. Not immediately though, it slowly grows in you and metastasizes. Turns into concentrated evil, I like to joke to myself. I guess another way of looking at it is like this: It starts off really as a bad thought and nothing more, but evolves over a few years into… bad action. So I’m a bad guy then, I guess, because I do bad things… bad things to people. Let me, then, dispel the myth of the “good” werewolf, because hunting and eating people is what we werewolves do. Kind of makes any fake handsome wolf man love story the entertainment business sells teenagers seem a bit silly, yeah?
Being evil is the whole point of why I am telling you all this. When I stop to think of what people like you would think of my behavior I feel some context is needed, so you can at least see some humanity in me. Don’t get me wrong, what I am about to tell you isn’t some type of Apologetics like how my priest is always delving into. I am not trying to defend my behavior, but rather help you understand me and compel you to wonder what you would be like if in the same position as me.
I suppose I should tackle the part you’ll find the most difficult first. It’s the whole eating people thing. Where do I begin? Here goes nothing…
My love affair with eating human flesh began when I was a young Catholic.
(to be continued)